Sunday, August 2, 2009

Whats the best way to remove cat hair?

This seems to be the time of the year where my cat leaves enough hair to make an extra cat behind when he gets up from any furniture. I have bought all sorts of brushes to try to keep it under control but nothing works. Has anyone used any brand that worked real well?
Answers:
Hi,
I have several cats that shed more than others. One of the best products that I've found is from Petsmart.
It is a shedding blade that removes all the dead underlayer of hair. I couldn't believe how much hair came out of my short haired cat. It's called a Bamboo Dog De-Shedding blade but is small enough to work well on cats.
Another product that they have is a small rubber rectangular curry comb. The cats like it, it removes hair PLUS will remove hair from furniture.
Here is a link:
http://www.petsmart.com/global/product_d...
Good luck,
Wendy S.
we use a lint brush, velor, swipe n area a few times. works better than anting else I've tried. vacuuming sucks. i have 4 cats and am allergic so i shouldn't touch the hair and then anywhere near my face. this works best for me.
My vacuum cleaner, a Bissell, has a special attachment called the "turbo brush" which cleans cat hair like nothing else I have ever seen. It gets everything! It was an $80 vacuum and I don't know if you have the budget but its wonderful.
There are a bunch of shampoos for pets that shed too much, go to your local pet store %26 see if they carry them.
Use a wet paper towel.

No comments:

Post a Comment