Sunday, August 2, 2009

Whats wrong with my cat??

My one year old cat has been acting very mean lately. My other cat had kittens and she trys to bite them, and she hisses at me and my family. What is the matter with her?
Answers:
The first step should be to get her checked out by a veterinarian. Displaying unusual, aggressive behavior can be a sign of pain.
Honestly i think she might be jealous! lol my cat did that when one of my friends cats had kittens n we baby sitted them
with new animals in the family the cats probably feel like they r competeing for your love and affection, and as for the one year old cat, that is acting mean have her checked out at a vet to make sure nothing is wrong or if anything is bugging her.
Maybe your cat just wants to be left alone, cats are very much to themselves and they come to you when they feel like it. One might just leave them alone. She might be geleous of the other cat with kittens so keep them away from her for a while until she gets used to them. I think I'm not an expert in animals but as I was growing up we always had a cat or a dog in the house and I learned some of their behavior. I love cats, dogs and birds.
Good Luck!
She's feeling neglected. With all of the kittens, there's most likely no time, or less time for you to spend with her. She's just jealous. Try spending more time with her, alone without the kittens or other cats. It's just like with kids. When a baby is brought home to a child who has been by themselves for so long, they feel like they need to compete for your attention.
She might have an undisclosed ailment. Call a vet and tell them the symptoms. They will let you know wheather to take your cat in or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment