Sunday, August 2, 2009

When a cat is going to die..?

Do they know? My cat was very old and I believe that something like another animal had gotten a hold of her and hurt her because the other day she came up to me with a big sore on her shoulder, I was going to take her to the vet on my day off but she never showed back up. the other day when I saw she was hurt she loved on me and was SOOO sweet and followed me around all day..and that was the last time I saw her.do you think she knew she was going to die and was saying goodbye?!.I miss my kitty her name was Jane.
Answers:
My 19 year old cat hand cancer that was spreading fast in his rear leg. He gave me love like this then went and hid from me (he was an indoor at this time but had lived in the country as well for the first 15 years of his life). He had NEVER hid from me before as we were very close. I took this as a sign that he was ready to go and I did the decent thing of putting him down, though it was very hard. I knew he was ready because whenever I would find his hiding place, he would go find another.
Your kitty probably knew, or depending on how long its been, she could have ran off to die or heal. I've heard of cats dissappearing for weeks, then coming home. I know its tough and will be until when/if you find her so I wish you the best.
I m really sorry a bout what happend.hope you find her!
Have you tried looking for her? I know my cat comes to me if I say kitty kitty like over and over. Or leave out something that it likes to eat or play with outside when your not home and see if anything happens to the food or a toy.
Why did you let her roam outside? I don't know if they realize that they will die soon, but perhaps she was just acting friendly. All cats get in that mode sometimes. I hope you find her. And when you do, try to keep her indoors. Indoor cats live much longer.
Cats are very receptive to what is going on around them. I had a childhood cat that passed away when I was about 13. The vet said, before she died, that Mrs. Higgins (my cat) would probably find somewhere very isolated and quiet to pass time until she passed. She did exactly that, she found a way up into the attic. We found a few days later. I believe that they do know and prepare for death the same way that we would.
I think cats can have a 6th sense about things like death. She may well have been saying 'good bye' to you. But on the other hand she may still be around, so continue looking %26 calling.
I'm soooo sorry that ur cat passed away i think that she knew that something was wrong and she wanted to stay next to u because u r the one she wanted to spend her last minutes with
perhaps she was loving on you and following you around because she was hurt and wanted you to help her.
When you didn't, some predator got her in her weakened state.
I believe animals know when they are going to die. My cat, Faygo, died Monday morning after being sick for awhile. For about 2 weeks before he died he would lay on my bed on my pillow and sleep with me. When I came home Sunday night I knew his time was near. I spent most of the evening laying with him, loving him, petting him, and telling him what a good cat he was. Around 3:00 my pug came and started licking my face and running up and down my bed. I noticed Faygo wasn't bedside me anymore. I looked down and he was on the floor. I picked him up and held him. He meowed a few times and then died. It was so odd. My dog and my other 3 cats were all there when he died. They all knew. I was just so glad I got to hold him and comfort him before he went. He was such a special little kitty.
Cat has nine lives.Do not worry.Maybe some kind souls pick it %26 tend to the wound.

No comments:

Post a Comment