Friday, May 21, 2010

Where can I get a kitten Siamese for free? Are they ornery?

My my black cat is ornery anyway (5yrs)...rescued without mother...and I care for him. But, I'm the only life he knows and wants constant attention when I come home from work. I have other things to do and letting him outside doesn't always do the trick (walking between me and the monitor). I think if he had some pal to play with, possibly as frisky, he'd be more satisfied. I won't do another cat unless it has some breeded notoriety. Any suggestions? I'm thinking a young Siamese that he could care for would satisfy us both.
Answers:
Siamese tend to be very vocal.
I think you need to re-examine why you want another cat. If this second cat is to be a friend for the first, the breed shouldn't matter; you should be looking for a cat with a matching personality.
Purebreds are highly overrated. If your current cat needs a friend, go to your local animal shelter.
they are nice get one i have one
getting a cat for your cat is not always the answer.
Attention-seeking behavior and excessive vocalization often go hand-in-hand with cats. Causes for these behaviors can be either physical or emotional, or both. Before punishing your cat for excessive crying and meowing, or other attention seeking behavior, do some homework on possible causes.
http://cats.about.com/od/attentionseekin...
to adopt a kitten check your local pound or www.petfinder.com
Cats don't automatically get along. You may end up having 2 cats that fight all the time, or having a pair in which one always attacks the other. It's no fun to have to constantly separate them out or protecting one from the other (especially when one is a kitten). The kitten that is constantly attacked may develop unfriendly personality in the future which isn't good for you nor the next person who adopt it if you were to let go of it. So please be very careful not to do harm to another innocent kitten when looking for another cat to accompany yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment