Friday, July 31, 2009

What weight should my cat be?

My cat is about 6 months old. I think she might be to small for her age. She weighs about 1 pound? I do not know how big she should be now either. She is about 10'' long and 4'' tall (both only for torso) Do I have anything to worry about, or am I just over reacting?
Answers:
Take your cat to the vet and get her checked out. There may be a problem with her size and weight, and you can never be too careful with your cat's health. Also, all kittens should be taken to the vet at some point to get their shots and to be checked for overall health. If you havent' done that already, do so now, and ask the vet about the weight and size issue while you are there.
My cat was very, very VERY small as a kitten (and currently as an adult, also) and her weight and size weren't a problem, but she had one complication. She was born so small, the tubes that function to flush out goop from her eyes were too small to function properly. This sometimes happens with cats, and it's harmless but every day we have to clean off the black gunk that leaks from her eyes.
being a small p ussy is bad. Make her a fat p ussy...that way she'll have more friends.
:)
Sounds very small, has she been to the vet? Cats come in all sizes, she could just be a small cat.
The only way to know for sure is to take her to a vet and rule out any physical problems.
My 6 month old cat is only just over a pound. I wouldn't worry.
Did you have the cat dewormed? Are you feeding the cat wet food? Get your kitty on a proper diet and she should fill out a little bit more. After a cat is spayed/neutered they tend to put on a little more weight. She is only 6 months old so expect her to more than double her weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment