Friday, July 31, 2009

What would be the best age to neuter my kitten?

kitten is 3 month old now
Answers:
Just asked my vet because I have also three month old kittens. He told me the best age is around the nine months because then they have developed all their grownth hormons. So until February next year.
Now is the time, before it reaches maturity.
I would say between six months to a year!
when the kittens have there eyes open start training them.
My vet told me 6 months, but to be sure, ask your vet.
alot of vets etc wont fix a cat untill its 6 months old.
at about 6 to 7 monthes!
NOW. Boys and girls can be fertile by as young as 4 months. Waiting til 6 months or a year can be too late and you may have marking and breeding behaviours to deal with then. All my kittens are fixed between 12 and 16 weeks of age.
Male cats are usually neutered between 5 1/2 and 9 months of age, before habits such as spraying urine are started. The two incisions are usually so small that stitches or sutures are not even needed. And, normally, your cat will be sent home the very same day.
talk to your vet, it usually isnt just a matter of age but weight as well. as soon as he vet will allow you to neuter him do so. the sooner the better. the sooner you get it done, the better the chance that he wont start spraying and marking territory, because once they stop, they may never stop, even if you get them neutered later.

No comments:

Post a Comment