Thursday, July 30, 2009

What to do?

I put an ad online to find a new home for my kitten. (I'm allergic.) Had someone email me and say she was going to come "after 3." So it's now "after FIVE" and she hasn't called or anything. So,what should I do,wait,or should I contact one of the other people that wanted the kitten instead? How long should I give her before I decide she's not showing?
Answers:
call some one else, make it first come first serve basis
call some one else its there loss if they dont show
I'd try to reach her, and wait another day, then call the next person.
Contact the next one. And get a set time for the next one. First one that responds gets the cat.
That's how I did it when I sold my car. You snooze, you lose.
Id try and contact the person first if i couldnt contact them id call one of the oters interested.this person is not very reliable so how do you know how theyll treat your cat ....good luck
After 3 does not mean at 3. It is still after 3 right now. I would give her until tonight to show. Have you tried calling her?
If she really wanted the kitten, she would have been there at 3 if not before. Go ahead and call one of the other prospects. This is a typical case of " you snooze, you lose."
Contact one of the other people.
If it's been more than 2 hours and she hasn't shown up, then you can just contact other people
I would contact another person who wants the kitten, she could have at least called you and let you know why she hadn't showed. The longer you have the kitten the worse your allergies may get. Hope you find the kitten a new home soon.
In this case I would say first come first serve. Not wait unless they called and that's being very nice. I would say first to your door gets the cat. Don't limit your self to one person.
Did they not give you a number where you can contact them, and i hope your not just giving your kitten away..it may end up as a cat that gets experimented on...please ask them to pay something for it..but even then you cant be sure its going to a good home.
From personal experience, if the person has not showed and has not called you, you may try calling them, but I do not believe they are serious about the cat and may not be the best choice for a new owner. If they were really serious and they could not make it, they would contact you somehow and let you know they were going to be late, not just be flakey and still expect you to give up your cat, not to mention your time lost having to hurry up and wait.
I know you want to find a good home for your kitten (I sympathize with your allergies!) and I know you are trying to do what's best for it, but think about it this way:
If this lady can't stick to the simple commitment of coming to see the kitten, do you really trust her to remember to feed it every day and to see to its health care?
If I were you, I might wait a little bit and see if you get any other takers. Otherwise, try bringing the kitten to a Humane Society (they're a no-kill establishment and they will make VERY sure that your baby goes to a good home.)
Put your zip code into the following website and it will tell you the closest local Humane Society shelter to you...and good luck with finding your kitten a good home!
Have you got a number for her?
if you do ring it and try find out why she's late if not go on first come first served bases and then if the kitten goes to someone else send her an email to explain why she missed out on the kitten then she will understand hope it helped
PLEASE TELL ME YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THESE PEOPLE AT ALL!!!
I WOULDN'T GIVE ANYONE MORE THAN ONE CHANCE. I REALIZE THAT THIS IS AN ANIMAL, TO SOME. TO ME, MY CATS ARE MY BABIES. I WOULD NEVER GIVE ANY ANIMAL TO SOMEONE I DIDN'T KNOW WOULD GIVE THEM A GREAT HOME.
Call the other people because if you are allergic the longer you keep the cat the longer you suffer. Just tell the other people sorry
If they have not shown up yet i wold move on to the next person. If it was me i would of called saying i would be late. Doesn't seam like they are very responsible , so they may not make a good mom for kitty.

No comments:

Post a Comment