Wednesday, July 29, 2009

What kind of cat is this? Breed?

Please open the following link to view the image:
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x37/n...
I have had this cat for a couple of years and I still dont know for sure what kind of cat I have.
Answers:
I agree. Looks like the Maine Coon I have now. Look for tufts on top of the ears, a ruff around the neck, bushy tail, 5 toes on the front paws instead of 4, squeaky meow, and he/she is a pretty good sized cat.
Email me if you want to see a pic of him.
Looks sort of like the Maine Coon I had growing up. There are so few real "purebred" cats these days, but that would be my best guess as to at least some of its heritage.
I agree witht he first answerer. Looks like a Maine Coon, the "gentle giant" as they have come to be known as.
i am almost positive because of the size and the bushy tail that it is a maine coon cat (looks like he/she could be purebred) or maine coon cat mix
it looks like a persian cat i had one when i was little.. search it on http://www.search.yahoo.com/ but... it could also be a maine coon! depends on how furry it is!
it looks like u have a longhaired tabby cat. btw ur cat is adorable
Domestic Long Hair ( tabby) I postive it's not a purebred, but a vet can tell you.
A maine coon is a LARGE cat with really distict features. I agree there similar, but i just don't htink this is it. Google Maine Coon, look at photos
It looks to be a Maine Coon or Maine coon mix like the othrs said. Since you did not get it from a breeder it is probably mixed with American domestic. Maine Coon cats are large and weigh a lot (over 10 lbs).
http://www.fanciers.com/breed-faqs/maine...
My girlfriend has a cat looks just that. it's mut. really a long haired tabby.
Maine coon gorgeous lovely looking cat.
there's a stray at my house that looks exactly like that!
it's similar to a maine coon, but probably isn't. depends on how big it is (maine coons are the largest domesticated cat). otherwise it's a long haired tabby, a fine specimen!
I'm also pretty sure that is a Maine Coon

No comments:

Post a Comment