Wednesday, July 29, 2009

What kind of breed is my kitten?

I have pictures of my kitten when he was about 4 1/2 months old on catster now he is almost 6 months but it is pretty recent. I was hoping if you could tell me what kind of breed my kitten is. Also I give my kitten Iams Kitten Food and from the time we first got him he has doubled his size it seems. I don't know if it is just he is growing or what but he has gotten fat!
http://www.catster.com/cats/566982...
Answers:
Your kitten is a mixed breed. His colour is red and his pattern is mackerel tabby. So you can call him a "red mackerel tabby domestic short hair". :-)
Talk to your vet about his diet. If he is becoming overweight then there are a few things you can try.
1--Don't free-feed. Give him measured portions according to the instructions on the bag for his size two times a day. Don't leave food out.
2--Switch to canned food which has more meat, fat and water -- all good for cats -- than dry food which is high in useless carbs.
3--With your vet's direction, he may already be ready to switch to a good adult formula cat food. I'd recommend easing onto Iams Adult food if you have already tried the previous two recommendations with no luck. Do not feed a growing kitten "light" cat food.
Enjoy your kitten! If you choose to, you could show him in the household pet class at a cat show. He must be neutered first though.
Hey that looks like my cat! Exactly lol!
Its a orange and white tabby(domestic shorthair)
aww how cute..he looks like my cat deeogee
well u had it right on the profile
hes a shorthair tabby
I believe what you have there is a red tabby, he's a domestic short hair. And he's very cute! You could probably change him over from kitten food to adult food if he's getting too fat. And don't forget to get him neutered if you haven't already!
I feed my kitten Purina kitten chow. It says you are only suppose to feed up to 3/4 cup a day of kitten food. Maybe he is eating to much and that is why he is getting over weight. Oh and try to get him to burn off some calories through play.
Very cute tabby cat. Get him off the kitten food.lots of fat in it for growing kittens. Go 50/50 with kitten and adult until he gets used to it. Neuter your cat!
He looks like my oliver, I just rescued a 5 month old kitten, I have been taking care of him and momma cat since the kitty was born. Orange and brown stripes just like yours he's what's called a TABBY I think they habe beautiful colors and that little heart shapped face.
MP
its a orange tabby
aww poor kitty i would hate to get neutered u have no need to live without them really

No comments:

Post a Comment