Wednesday, July 29, 2009

What kind of cat do you like/have?

im getting a cat soon.
i really want one that will stay relativley[spelling?] small in a few years.
so, what kind of cat is cute and stays small?
thanks.
Answers:
my cat is a cute 7 yr old moggie (domestic shorthair torti-tabby %26 white) and is still a small size, I think she was the runt of the litter. exotic breeds like the burmese stay small too, if not slim, and i believe female cats tend to be smaller than males.
http://animal.discovery.com/guides/cats/...
i just got a 7 week old kitten. she is amazing. good luck!
If you're looking for a purebred cat, a Burmese is relatively small. I had a sable Burmese... a brown velvet kitty with pale green eyes. She was sweet and weighed about 6 pounds. Tonkinese are small, too. I have had Scottish Folds that were small. I had one that wasn't even 5 pounds, and I now have one that is less than 6 pounds (her name is "Tiny"). These cats were related, so you may be able to find smaller versions of many breeds that won't meet the breed standard because of their size. In this case they will probably cost less, too. I now have a Munchkin, which is a dwarf cat. It's head, body, tail and feet are the same size as a regular cat but it has very short legs. Sort of looks like a dachshund version of the cat. They're neat cats, too. I don't know of any "officially" CFA registered breed that is a miniature.
Cats don't really have tiny breeds like dogs do. I have a black tabby (DSH-domestic short hair) who luckily stopped at 7 pounds. Most cats are so mixed that you can't even predict their adult size unless you see both parents. The average cat weighs between 7 and 13 pounds. Some grow larger though. I had two 18 pound cats (brothers) who weren't overweight but just had a large build. Usually there is no telling.
a flat cat is a good cat.
%26lt;---- not a cat lover as i am allergic lol
good luck
dogs can do more
good protection
cats mooch off u and just want to close to u to stay warm
I've had three tortoiseshells, this is their marking not their breed, they're black with orange and cream coloring. They've got a reputation for having an attitude but not all of them live up to it, some can be very sweet. I've had three torties, one weighed up to 16 pounds at one time, the other two are/were dinky little things, and very sweet, the bigger one had some aggression issues from time to time, but she was always sweet to me. Torties are always girls, except for the occasional genetic abnormality that turns out to be a boy. I'm just hooked on torties. I have heard of teacup cats, you can look on the internet, they are very tiny cats. My cat only weighs 7 pounds, she's real little.
I persenaly like to have a white persian cat.I live in Iran and I heard that Shirazian's cats are smaller than the other cats.
(Shiraz is a city of iran.)

No comments:

Post a Comment